Metis H3 – Ultra High-Speed Pyrometer Series
High-speed pyrometers of the Metis H3 series measure temperatures many times faster than traditional IR temperature sensors. Thereby all advantages of the digital data processing are available, maintaining high accuracy with high-speed outputs of the measurement results via analog and digital circuitry.
1 and 2-color models to select from:
- H316, H318, H309: 1-color radiation pyrometers with an exposure time of < 20 µs for more than 50,000 measurements / second
- H311/H322: 2-color pyrometers with an exposure time of < 40 µs for more than 25,000 measurements / second
These ultra-fast pyrometers with response times of 40 and 80 microseconds respectively are fast enough to perform near real-time measurements for laser heating, annealing cladding etc. applications power control and to respond to complex workpiece geometries.
The Optimal Solution for Measuring Temperature in Laser Processes / Laser Applications.
Metis high-speed pyrometers with an integrated, extremely outputs are infrared thermometers that measure the temperature directly at the laser spot. The analog or digital outputs are used to control the laser power in order to maintain the required temperature level. IR thermometer sighting /aiming methods include: Through lens, color video or laser aiming. The IR sensor ‘s optics may be coupled into the beam path of the laser machine’s optics or externally mounted with its’ own focusable lens.
- Unique stand-alone concept in a compact design for temperature measurement and laser control. The pyrometers are operating and communicating autonomously via digital inputs to feed the information to the control loop for adjusting the laser power. The software SensorTools is used for measurement and recording for evaluation purposes.
- Fully autonomous operation or remote control commands via existing systems
- Easy integration into existing systems
- Integration of the IR sensor’s optics into Client’s laser system
- Built-in calibration function for simple onsite temperature adjustment
Field of Application
- Radiation pyrometers are mainly used for laser plastic welding applications (laser radiation welding, contour welding, simultaneous welding, and quasi-simultaneous welding).
- 2-color pyrometers in shortwave spectral response is ideally suited for measurements on metals without influence by the laser. Especially for laser power control during the laser hardening process and measurements in laser cladding processes.